How to Have a Green Holiday at Home
Follow this holiday advice to have an eco-friendly holiday at home:
- Only buy holiday decorations that can be reused each year
- Reuse gift bags versus throwing away wrapping paper and crowding a landfill
- Decorate an organic Christmas tree versus putting up a fake tree at home which contain non-biodegradable PVC and use fossil fuels and release harmful gases into the environment both in production and disposal ( For a list of growers visit http://www.soilassociation.org )
- Buy gifts from green retailers or charities
- Send eCards online instead of mailing holiday paper cards made from trees
- Recycle holiday cards received
Centerville Ohio Annual Christmas Tree Sale
Noon Optimist Club
Trees of all sizes
Trees, roping, and wreaths at all price levels
Look for the lights and signs on South Main Street in Centerville
Behind the Centerville Government Center (off Spring Valley Pike)
On JP Kalaman Way
Next to Beef O’Brady’s
Hours: Daily 12 Noon – 9 PM, Weekends 9 AM – 9 PM
All profits from the sale of Christmas trees are utilized to provide the youth of our community with a wide variety of opportunities to grow, compete and prosper as individuals and future leaders of our community.
New Listing in Centerville Ohio
|http://www.DaytonOhioHouse.com This home features an open floor plan, 3744 sq feet, 5 bedrooms plus an office, 3 1/2 baths, a Champion finished basement, & sits on a private cul-de-sac lot. Walk into a 2-story entry with hardwood floors. The formal living & dining rooms are accented by crown molding. The family room features a gas fireplace, ceiling fan & french doors that open to the formal living room. The kitchen provides all appliances, a center island, a breakfast bar, and a breakfast room with a bowed wall of windows.The second floor loft is open to the entry. The Master Suite features a cathedral ceiling, walk-in closet, and full bathroom with a tub & separate shower. The spacious rec room has a pool table and a bar. The basement also features a large unfinished storage room. The backyard is lined with trees & features a composite deck. In addition, the home offers a 2 car garage. No home owner’s association fees here! Great location near the new Miami Valley South Hospital & I-675 with easy access to Wright Patterson Air Force Base. Call/text Christina Asad Edwards for more information at 937-205-4741 or 937-573-0082.
Check out this awesome 5 bedroom home for sale in Centerville – http://CentervilleHome.RealLiving.com
Get Out of the House and Cheer for the Dayton Gems hockey team versus Flint Wednesday evening!
When? November 22nd at 5:00 p.m.
Where? Hara Arena, 1001 Shiloh Springs Road, Dayton, Ohio
The Dayton Gems are a minor league professional ice hockey team based in Dayton, Ohio. They are a member of the International Hockey League; set to hit the ice for the 2009-10 season, they will play their home games at Hara Arena in nearby Trotwood, home to the original Gems. Their acceptance into the IHL was officially announced on June 9, 2009. On June 15, 2009 the Gems named John Marks head coach for the upcoming 2009 season . The Gems are affiliated with lower level minor league ice hockey team the Chi-Town Shooters of the All American Hockey League. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton_Gems
Go Green and Save Energy (and Money) at Home with these tips:
- Lower your water heater temperature to 120°F
- Lower your thermostat in winter
- Wash your clothes in cold water
- Turn off unneeded lights and electronics
- Air dry your clothes in summer.
- Install a programmable thermostat
- Seal large air leaks in your home
- Insulate your water heater
- Add insulation in your attic
- Seal and insulate your HVAC ducts
- Install efficient showerheads
- Conduct a home-energy audit
- Have your heating system serviced
- Open curtains on south-facing windows during the day to allow sunlight to heat your home and close them at night to reduce chill
- Source: http://green.yahoo.com/living-green/saving-energy-at-home.html