Beavercreek Ohio Bowling
Visit Beaver-Vu Bowl, located at 1238 N. Fairfield Road in Beavercreek, the bowling alley with the most lanes in the Greater Dayton, Ohio area. Beaver-Vu Bowl offers many specials, including: rent-a-lane specials: $12.50 per hour Mon.-Thurs. before 6 p.m., $15.50 per hour Mon.-Thurs. after 6 p.m., $15.95 per hour Fri.-Sun. before 6 p.m. College Night is Sunday after 8:30 p.m. $30 includes 2 hours of bowling, shoe rental and a large 1-topping pizza or a beverage pitcher. Friday is “Rock & Bowl”. 2 hour lane rental including shoe rental for $30, max 6 people, midnight to close.
August Home Gardening Advice
- Continue to remove faded blooms on annuals such as geraniums, marigolds, petunias, salvia, verbena and zinnias. Not doing so will cause the plants to stop blooming and produce seed which signals the end of the plant’s life cycle.
- Pinch or trim back annuals by as much as ½ their current height. They will soon begin to leaf out, look thicker, and start to bloom again.
- Raise lawnmower blades by at least ½ inch.Letting the grass grow taller during the summer months will cause the roots to grow deeper into the soil. You will also have to water less to keep the grass green.
- Leave grass clippings on your lawn. As they deteriorate, they fertilize your turf.
- Mow in the evening, which puts less stress on your grass.The grass is dry and temperatures are cooler.
A Dayton Ohio Area Tradition
Eat at Milano’s, a Dayton, Ohio area tradition for the past 40+ years! Milano’s specializes in submarines and pizza, made with fresh bread daily. Milano’s offers 3 Dayton, Ohio area locations:
- 2260 N. Fairfield Road, Beavercreek (near Wright State University and Wright Patterson Air Force Base)
- 1834 Brown Street, Dayton (near the University of Dayton)
- 9572 Springboro Pike, Miami Township (near the Dayton Mall)
Stop by today!
Green Home Buyer Tips
Ask the sellers how environmentally-aware they are, or if they’ve made any investments in their home to save energy or promote conservation.
Ask about energy bills when looking to buy.
Keep an eye out for any appliances that may stay in the home, and see if they carry the Energy Star label.
Check to see if there are any air leaks through windows or doors around the house.
Inquire about flooring, cabinetry or countertop materials. Are they eco-friendly?
Are the toilets, faucets and showerheads low-flow?
Ask when the heating and cooling system (HVAC) was last checked and cleaned.
Ensure the pipes are well-insulated, and ask whether a tankless water heater is used.
Buy or rent? Contemplating renting or making the move to home ownership? Consider all the benefits to home ownership. The best financial decision could be to buy, not rent. Home buying benefits:
- Affordable monthly payments
Don’t assume monthly rent is cheaper than a monthly mortgage payment. With hundreds of loan products, that’s often not the case! There’s product that are equal to, or only slightly more than, current monthly rent payments.
- Tax savings
Owning a home can save hundreds (even thousands) of dollars in taxes each year – money that can be reinvested into the home to build equity, earmark for savings, or just spent!
- Predictable expenses
Unlike renting, owning a own home means predictable monthly living expenses. Secure a fixed-rate loan and lock in your mortgage payment, making monthly budgeting that much easier.
- Ultimate control
Perhaps the biggest benefit is the inherent joy of having a piece of the American dream along with the freedom to make decisions about living. Whether or not to share your life with a furry, fuzzy or scaly friend? Whether to paint the walls merlot, marigold or mahogany? Whether to add a bath, knock down a wall, or take out a tree?
For further questions on buying versus renting, contact Christina today!
Ice Cream in the Dayton, Ohio Area
Cool off this summer with ice cream from Graeter’s, with 4 Dayton, Ohio area locations and founded right here in Ohio! Graeter’s ice cream is made with a French Pot process to make it extra rich and creamy! Graeter’s has 4 Dayton area locations: