Helpful hints for COLD Ohio weather
- Keep headlights clear with car wax! Just wipe ordinary car wax on the headlights…it contains special water repellents that will prevent that messy mixture from accumulating on lights and lasts for up to 6 weeks at a time.
- Squeak proof wipers with rubbing alcohol! Wipe the wipers with a cloth saturated with rubbing alcohol (can also use ammonia). Doing this can make badly streaking and squeaking wipers change to near perfect clarity & silence!
- Ice-proof windows with vinegar! Just fill a spray bottle with three parts vinegar to one part water and spritz it on the windows at night. In the morning, they will be clear of icy mess. Vinegar contains ascetic acid which raises the melting point of water and prevents the water from freezing.
- Prevent car doors from freezing shut with cooking spray! Spritz cooking spray on the rubber seals around car doors and cub it in with a paper towel. Oil in the cooking spray prevents water from melting into the rubber.
- Fog-proof the windshield with shaving cream! Spray some shaving cream on the inside of the windshield and wipe it off with paper towels. Shaving cream has many of the same ingredients found in commercial defoggers.
- De-ice the door lock in seconds with hand sanitizer! Put some hand sanitizer gel on the key and the lock and problems will be solved!